The Recent Work of Sheep Mountain Alliance
• Helped secure in-stream flows for a section of the Dolores River from Uravan to Gateway, Colorado, to protect rare fish
• Worked with partners to plan and implement an education and restoration project in Gunnison sage grouse habitat. Installed 10 rock structures to control erosion and improve wet meadow habitat for sage-grouse adults and chicks.
• Met with PacifiCorp representatives at the Silver Bell Mine tailings site to ensure their remediation will protect the San Miguel River from excess iron, acidity and other pollutants.
• Worked with PacifiCorp to ensure the funds they paid in lieu of civil penalties will be used for the restoration of the Valley Floor.
• Organized a volunteer clean up at the Confluence of the Dolores and San Miguel Rivers with the San Miguel Watershed Coalition.
• Canyon of the Ancients Grazing
• Spruce Beetle Epidemic Aspen Decline Management Response
• Army Corps of Engineers In-Lieu Fee Program
• Nordic Trails in Lizard Head Pass Area
• Glade Rangeland Management Analysis
• Wild Horse Bait Trapping in Spring Creek Basin Herd Management Area
• San Miguel Valley Corporation Plans
• Rico-West Dolores Travel Management Proposed Action
• State Wildlife Action Plan
• Canada Lynx 5-year Review
• Educational events, such as a Wilson Peak hike, a wildlife rehabilitation lecture and presentations to school groups.
• Wrote newspaper articles on wildlife friendly fences and other topics.
• Pint Night Fundraisers and information sharing at Jagged Edge Mountain Gear.
• Met with state representatives and members of other conservation groups in Denver to forward environmental causes.
• Spruce Beetle Epidemic Aspen Decline Management Response Stakeholder Group
• San Miguel Watershed Coalition
• San Miguel Basin Gunnison Sage-Grouse Working Group